Looking for something?

2.25.2007

NEW YORK CITY BOY!!!!



So I've got to say....I'm just over half way into my NYC trip and I'm having the time of my life. Aaron and David have been incredible travel companions. First let me explain the picture listed above. I posted that pic as it best describes the mood I have been in the entire day...including now. I took a half a Norma Jean about 35 minutes ago and I'm struggling to stay awake.

So back to my trip. David and I's adventure began bright (it wasn't bright yet) and early on Sat. morning. I had worked the night before so I didn't get much sleep before david arrive at my house at 5am and david never sleeps. There explains the Norma's. I ought to buy stock in that company. They are heavenly. Upon our arrival, we checked into our hotel, relaxed for about 15 minutes and then went down to the lobby for a DA-LISH breakfast. And David was happy to have asparagus pee the rest of the afternoon so it was a double-win breakfast. We left pretty immediately after breakfast and made our way to the Spanish Art Exhibit. IT WAS AMAZING!!! I think we were there for over 3 hours. We could have stayed longer.

Ms. Brost arrived shortly later and met us at a bbq joint just a short cab ride away from our hotel. We all ordered salmon and we were all pleased. However, I noticed they charged WAY TO MUCH to my credit card. Their accountant is calling me tomorrow morning. After dinner we went to see Spring Awakening - A New Musical. David and Aaron loved it. I was a bit disappointed but have learned to love the music. In fact, I'm listening to it right now. Can anyone believe DAVID was the one to purchase the cd? What have we done to her?

Today has been amazing. The three of us went shopping after breakfast and then went to find cheap tiks. They didn't have any Chorus Line tickets offered at a discount rate so Aaron and I were bummed. That is what we both wanted to see. So we discussed a few other options and decided on Grey Gardens. As we dig our wallets out to pay the 50% off price...the man behind the counter informed us that the lead was an understudy. WOW WOW WOWWWWW Grey Gardens was out.

So we took our chances at the Lottery happening about 30 minutes later at the Chorus Line theater. Ms. Brost was confident as her cab driver told her she needed to play a lottery while she was here....he knew she was feeling lucky. David, Aaron and I all put in our names....i tried Tom's Elphaba chant but apparently that only works for Wicked tickets. 2nd to last name called????? Ms. Brost. I jumped up and down like a little girl and made a fool of myself.

The show was AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!!!! And tomorrow????? Who knows? I'm hoping for Avenue Q. (I know...i've still not seen it) or maybe Grey Gardens is playing? *fingers crossed* Hairspray? God I'd love to live here for a few months!

No comments: